Harlem-Opoly – The Harlem Renaissance Edition Board Game
We know it’s impossible to include everything about the Harlem Renaissance in this board game, but we certainly packed as much as we could.
So, get ready for a fun-filled, entertaining, and educational twist on the classic game.
Welcome to Harlem-Opoly.
Far from boring, it’s a fun game with some exciting twists (how do you get out of ‘jail’?) that’ll have you on the edge until you win.
Harlem-Opoly is a unique multi-player game that focuses on the art, beauty, and history of Harlem during the height of the Renaissance. It’s a high-quality board game that can withstand hours of play and gets you in the feels for all things Harlem and Black Excellence.
It takes players through the highs and lows of the Renaissance period, the major landmarks of Harlem, the famed personalities of the era, and so much more.
So, can you win it?
We promise you’ll get excited, frustrated, happy … all the emotions of a highly competitive board game while learning and having fun with your family or friends.
About this Board Game:
- Learn About Famous Harlem Personalities. Draw chance and community cards showcasing Josephine Baker, Fats Waller, Joe Louis, Lena Horne, Marcus Garvey, Walter White, Arturo Schomburg, Countee Cullen, and Florence Mills. (Names not familiar? Trust us, you’ll love their stories.)
- Enjoy properties and take a few chances when you buy them. Harlem-Opoly will take you on a trip through some fantastic places. Think the Apollo Theater, Savoy Ballroom, 135th Street Library, and more.
- Instead of railroads, look out for the four historical churches: Abyssinian Baptist Church, Mother A.M.E. Zion Church, St. Philips Episcopal Church, and St. James Presbyterian Church.
- Pick cards from the “Tree of Hope” Chance and Carl Van Vechten Community Chest.
- Get that money. What’s a monopoly game without the bank? Get $200 St. Clair dollars each time you pass Soap Box Corner and rack up those St. Clair dollars.
- Learn as you play about historical events: The Great Migration, Silent Parade, Red Summer, and Civic Club Dinner.
- Be inspired to build generational wealth. We want our players to learn about building wealth in both assets and legacy and we’re sure, young or old, you’ll be inspired to as well each time you play.
- Includes 6 custom sculpted pieces: car, dance shoes, theatre mask, mic, martini glass, and feather quill and ink.
And to make the game even more fun, head on over to Harlem Roots and learn more about each place and character in Harlem-Opoly. You’ll definitely be able to show up and show out on games night with your wealth of knowledge.
Is the Harlem-Opoly Board Game for You?
With two to six players, it’s a great game and a fun learning tool for family games night, homeschooling, and teaching kids about the history of Harlem.
It’s time for Harlem-Opoly, and it’s waiting on your roll.
Order yours today.
There are no reviews yet.